It`s not a doubt that Windows is the most popular operating system used. Despite its popularity, we cannot deny that it comes with more errors, especially when compared to its rival the Mac OS. Though the latest version of Windows OS, the Windows 10, comes with a diagnostic tool, which allows you to troubleshoot your computer`s errors, it does not provide conclusive results at all times.
Many at times, the Windows 10 troubleshooter tells you the cause behind the problem rather than solving the problem.
Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration In Windows 10
So, what do you do when you get an “Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration” statement? If your network diagnostic tool shows this error, you don`t have to worry as you can fix this error.
Let`s look at some of the effective methods of fixing this network error on Windows 10:
1. Reboot the System
- As with any electronic, the first step is to reboot your PC.
- Before rebooting, it`s crucial to save our work in any open application. Again, ensure you copy the work that you might have saved in your browser (work on Google Doc) into a local document as your device won`t backup work to the cloud.
- When rebooting, it`s critical that the Ethernet cable is firmly plugged into your device.
2. Update your Network Adapters Drivers
Incompatible network adapters can result in network connection issues such as Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration and weak Wi-Fi etc.
- To get the proper network adapter for Windows 10, you`ll need to open the Network Connection Page with a Windows + R press, then type ncpa.cpl and press enter.
- After that, right click on the Ethernet connection, and then click Disable.
- Wait for 30 seconds and right click on the Ethernet connection again, and then click Enable. Hopefully, this will help your device recognize the Ethernet connection and solve the IP configuration error.
3. Disable Fast Startup
Fast startup or fast boot is more common to the newly installed or updated Windows devices. The startup is a default feature that allows faster booting of computers and saves OS state to a hibernation file.
While it`s handy to save a few seconds when booting Windows 10, it has its share of downsides. A major downside, which may Windows users are unaware of is that the fast startup is also the reason behind the Ethernet IP configuration.
- Many Window users have overcome this issue by disabling the fast startup on windows 10. To do so, you need to open the control panel, then click on “what the power button does” option.
- On the new menu, click on the “fast startup” option, and make the necessary changes by unmarking the “turn on fast startup.”
- Save the changes before restarting your device for the changes to effect.
- If the Ethernet error is not resolved after restarting don`t forget to enable the fast startup feature again.
4. Reinstall TCP/IP
The TCO/IP also known as the internet protocol suite governs connection of your device to the internet. If for some reasons this internet protocol suite gets faulty, then reinstalling it can solve the Ethernet issue.
- To do so, you will start by closing any open windows before tapping on the Windows key and typing “Command Prompt.”
- When the prompt appears in your Start Menu, right click and select the “Run as Administrator.”
- By accepting the administrator request, you automatically run as an admin program. You will then need to copy “netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt.” as it is without quotes. Hopefully, this will solve your Ethernet issues.
5. Disable IPv6
There`re essentially two internet protocols; IPv4 (old) and IPv6 (new). For Ethernet connection, IPv6 is not compulsory, and it could be possible that if enabled, it could be creating a conflict.
- To disable it, you need to press Windows + X key, then click on the “Network Connections.”
Also Read – Fix VCRUNTIME140.Dll Is Missing Error
6. Update your BIOS
Updating your BIOS is yet another effective method that might fix the Ethernet error. However, since the BIOS update is different for almost every system and device, you will need to consult your provider for this.
No one wants to wake up and find their Ethernet computer network, not function because of a network error. Unfortunately, our devices and systems are unpredictable and have difficulties with network connections.
However, with our tips on how to fix Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration in windows 10, Ethernet network connection should no longer be an issue.